I am excited to offer a Writing from the Self workshop specifically for psychotherapists, counselors and other mental health professionals. This 5-week workshop features a blend of Internal Family Systems and Proprioceptive Writing. It may be of particular interest to you if:
- You’ve heard of Internal Family Systems or even had an introductory training, and you want to know more about it.
- You have been trained and use the method commonly with clients, and you'd like to have a new way to work with it.
- You’ve not heard much about it, but you’re looking for ways to enhance your work.
Scroll down to register.
Friday Mornings 9 - 11
November 13 - December 18
(no meetings during week of Thanksgiving)
Room to Write
56 Maine Street (above Glazed)
Some of you may already be familiar with this unique workshop, as I ran it several times last year and have presented it at the Maine Mental Health Counselors Association Conference (October 2014). I will also be presenting the material at this year's national Internal Family System's Conference in Providence, RI (October 2015).
Internal Family Systems is up and coming in Maine! The Center for Self Leadership is offering its Level 1 training right in Brunswick, beginning in February, 2016. This Writing from the Self workshop is designed to give mental health practitioners an opportunity to immerse themselves in IFS principles, deepen their understanding of their own parts, and gather ideas that they can bring to their work with clients.
Depending upon numbers, I will offer alternate sessions of the workshop. I am also open to traveling, if a group of therapists would like to host me at their location!
- Learn a powerful guided writing method that integrates IFS principals with Proprioceptive Writing
- Become acquainted with parts you hadn’t met yet, or deepen your knowledge of parts you already know
- Bring these parts compassion and healing
- Reach deeper layers of insight that are vital for personal growth
- Get unstuck creatively and emotionally
- Learn a new way to access Self, and begin to live in a calm and confident state much more often
- Gather ideas and methods that you can take with you to your work with clients
What to Expect:
- Review of information about “parts,” with opportunities to learn about (and heal) your own
- Instruction and practice for accessing “Self Energy”
- Availability of visual cues to help understand parts (InnerActive Cards)
- Guided meditations with nature sounds
- Music for bilateral stimulation
- Guided writing sessions
- Safe, supportive sharing of writing (optional)
Register Below (I will forward information about how to pay)