Writing Relief for Moms
Being a mom is a singular experience. Or maybe it's better to say it is MANY singular experiences. At every stage our children go through, we bump up against surprises and challenges. While mothering can be the most wonderful journey of our lives, it can also be confounding, lonesome and exhausting. It shifts our sense of who we are in the world in profound ways.
This group is for any mother who likes to write – all abilities are welcome! We come together to take a break from everyday stress. We support each other as we articulate the ways being a mother has affected us. It is for women at any point in the life-altering process of being a mom, from the sleepy newborn days to the roller coaster ride of adolescence, to the time when our children are suddenly grown up.
~ will repeat ~
Thursday Evenings from 6:30 – 8:30
February 25 - March 17
Room to Write
56 Maine Street
Limited to 8 participants
By including women at various points of the mothering journey, we have a unique opportunity to learn from each other. After all, many of the themes we cover are universal (as you can see in the list below).
Themes we will cover:
- Finding space from the stressful aspects of mothering, locating a “peaceful place” inside
- Who are you, at your core? Who is your child? Dealing with expectations of yourself and your child
- Parenting models – honoring your own mothering style
- How being a mother affects your relationships with others, mending those relationships (or accepting losses)
- Finding forgiveness of yourself for any perceived mothering mistakes
- Connecting to the joy of mothering
What to Expect:
- Topic of the week (flexible)
- A variety of writing exercises and prompts (related to weekly theme)
- Sharing of participants’ writing (optional) to support discussion
- Coffee/tea and a very comfortable environment
If you'd like to read about some of my own experiences as a mother, click HERE.
For more information or to register for the group, please use the contact form below. I will forward information about how to pay.