Writing Relief for Moms
This one-session workshop is for any mother who likes to write – all abilities are welcome! We come together to take a break from everyday stress. We support each other as we articulate the ways being a mother has affected us. It is for women at any point in the life-altering process of being a mom, from the sleepy newborn days to the roller coaster ride of adolescence, to the time when our children are suddenly grown up.
Saturday, February 6
9 am - noon
Room to Write
56 Maine Street
Limit 8 participants
Bring a friend and each pays $50
By including women at various points of the mothering journey, we have a unique opportunity to learn from each other. After all, many of the themes we cover are universal (as you can see in the list below). Writing exercises will be based around the needs of the particular participants present.
Possible themes we will cover:
- Finding space from the stressful aspects of mothering, locating a “peaceful place” inside
- Who are you, at your core? Who is your child? Dealing with expectations of yourself and your child
- Parenting models – honoring your own mothering style
- How being a mother affects your relationships with others, mending those relationships (or accepting losses)
- Finding forgiveness of yourself for any perceived mothering mistakes
- Connecting to the joy of mothering
If you'd like to read about some of my own experiences as a mother, click HERE.
For more information or to register for the group, please use the contact form below. I will forward information about how to pay.