I describe Writing from the Self as a combination writing group/personal growth workshop (not a therapy group) for people of all writing abilities. It is ideal for all who enjoy writing and wish to deepen their self-understanding.
Through writing, you observe the parts of yourself that are often hidden or not respected. These parts become sources of information; you listen to them and learn from them. When you are differentiated from your parts, you find "Self Energy." Vision is clear. You feel courageous and confident. This transformative energy can be a source of guidance from within.
Writing from the Self combines elements of Internal Family Systems and a variety of writing methods, including Proprioceptive Writing. I have found - both in my therapy practice and personally - that IFS and writing can be tremendously effective when used together.
March 23 - April 27
Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:30
Room to Write
56 Maine Street
Writing from the Self workshops include:
- Information about IFS
- Exploration of InnerActive Cards to help us identify parts
- Instruction and practice for accessing “Self Energy”
- Brief meditation to begin to get space from our parts
- 20-minute guided writing session
- Music for bilateral stimulation
- Opportunity to discuss our own parts and our writing
- Connection and healing for child parts (longer workshops)
To read about scenes from past sessions of this workshop, click here.
Click here for much more information about Writing from the Self.
To see a video of me describing Writing from the Self, please click on the black banner at the top of this screen.
If you have questions or would like to register, please use the form below. I will forward information about how to pay.